Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
G8 summit

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
The eight richest countries are meeting right here in the UK more exactly my home country, Scotland the brave . How many of you believe there will be serious changes made or is it just all goin to be talk and no action. Case in point AFRICA?
Posted on: 2005/7/1 19:14
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  TitanicExprt
      TitanicExprt
Re: G8 sumit

From In front of my computer in the United States of America
Group:
Registered Users
Humankind cannot obtain anything without first giving something in return.To obtain something of equal value must be lost.That is Alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.FMA
Posted on: 2005/7/1 19:16

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Indeed, It is going to be huge, the British army will be everywhere, the Americans have brought an aircraft carrier with 2000 marines on bored, ready to storm ashore at the first sight of a problem, which could be anything. Though the Americans for once will be dwarfed in presence for once as the UK is hosting it we are also the ones charged with protecting the 8 leaders, all 8 will arrive tomorrow in Prestwick airport. Supposedly there going to shut down the main roads which will cause bedlam. Know one is aloud within 15 miles of Gleneagles hotel where the meeting takes place, the Royal air force will be ready for anything, also the other countries have there own security there also. It is the largest security operation in the UK's history, which means it’s BIG.

The agenda is to discuss what we should do on big issues, one main one is to persuade bush to do something about America’s huge pollution production, which ties in with global warming and that kind of thing. More pressing is the state of Africa. And perhaps Bush will want more support as he continues the war on terror, as of now its really just us Brits that are helping the Americans, so both Blair and bush will try for more support. There are many things to discuss but I wanted to hear people’s opinion, on the fact these 8 countries control so much of the world’s wealth and why is that, well its unfair trade. Please people share your options on all the things that are being discussed

Good day to all
Posted on: 2005/7/1 19:29
  •  coolguy
      coolguy

From MY COMPUTER
Group:
Registered Users
witch are the eight richest countrys
Posted on: 2005/7/3 15:13

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Depends on how you look at it but on sheer wealth its the United States, Britain, Japan, Canada, Russia, Germany, Italy and France. If you look at it per capita Luxemburg is the most well off, but that is not how the G8 is defined, its the eight most wealthy.
Posted on: 2005/7/3 15:23
  •  coolguy
      coolguy

From MY COMPUTER
Group:
Registered Users
ok yay canada is one of the most wealthy
Posted on: 2005/7/3 15:25

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Indeed, its cool over hear right now, there was protests in Edinburgh today and the police where all over it, great TV lol. Though come wednesday Scotland will be bedlam.
Posted on: 2005/7/4 16:39

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Bad riots the day before yesterday over here at the summit, then again the shocking events caused Blair to leave the summit, to emergency meetings in London, he flew back to Scotland for the conclusion of the summit. It seems they did not achieve everything that Blair wanted to, but this understandable, the man's thoughts are else where right now; he has a nation that is in a state of fear and shock after what happened. However it seems this may not be the case as people took to London today not fearing the cowards.
Posted on: 2005/7/8 16:10
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.