Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
War on terror

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Now! This is very topical at the moment, namely the awful attacks in London recently.

WAS the war in Iraq in anyway justified, by the coalition forces?

We where told, Sadam had WMD ready to fire and the rich nations of the west where in big trouble. Supposedly Sadam had AT MOST 2-3 nukes at his disposal. NONE of which where found, but is that at all surprising. The press all too quickly jumped to the conclusions that the war was for oil. What I am getting at is Sadam knew that the Americans and British among others, where coming for him in the September of that year, the coalition force attacked in March the next year, so Sadam had 6 MONTHS to destroy any nukes in his position.

Open to discussion points above!

As for the people that do NOT support the war but support the troops. How can that be? You are basically saying, yes we support you go and do your job, oh and by the way I am totally against all that you are doing in that country. Its self contradiction and am not open to being suede on that!

These people that are insisting hate to the west MUST be punished to the full extent of the law. People, as you know we are in dangerous times; we are being attacked by a new form of evil. We must not be frightened by these cowards, but surely skeptics of the war of which there are many. Can see the necessity to rid the world of the terrorists. However this may mean a very long war as what is going on in Iraq. But if the people of the west are against there own governments protecting them.

Then that means the cowards win, which we can not allow!

Please everyone post your views and I would hope know one degrades anyone, as I am looking forward to discussing this issue
Posted on: 2005/8/9 2:49
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Johno
      Johno
Re: War on terror

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
very interesting bell

I argree with your points entirely, he did have some amount of time to hide at the minimum 2-3 nukes. It is not that difficult to hide or destroy these things in the given time. Stupid enough we could not see that we had given him too much time, and when the deed was done, we could not find anything. Is this why the trial of sadam is stalling, is thier enough evidence to convict him, after all, we found nothing?
Posted on: 2005/8/9 10:47

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
No he can still be sent to jail, or even executed, its up to the iraqs what happens to him, as he has killed thousands of his own people then he will be punished in what ever way is seen fit.
Posted on: 2005/8/9 13:11
  •  osander
      osander

From
Group:
Registered Users
As always I agree with bell and johno, I never took into acount bells point that he had 6 months to destroy any WMD he had, this is a great topic for discusing!
Posted on: 2005/8/9 15:00
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
damm right osander, i hope do see some other ppl particapating in this debate

jolly good
Posted on: 2005/8/9 15:03

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I do agree that Saddam did need to be taken down, and all that.. I just think the way we went about it was all wrong.

Osama, an Afghanistan resident, attack the US... we then launched an investigation to see if Saddam had WMD, but, before they filed they're report and the findings, we attacked.
In the report, it says they didn't have them, the means to make them, and they didn't believe after what they saw they they had any intent to make them.
Now Osama, the original US attacker, is still alive and out there, undoubtedly planning another attack, and we're fighting Iraq? (By the way, those weapons of mass destruction, those are being made by IRAN.. who ADMIT freely to making them with no intent on haulting production.. why aren't we attacking them?)

We should have found and brought to justice Osama.. after all, he attacked us, not Saddam.
We should have waited for the investigation to formally close and file their findings, then, if we still thought there was a big enough threat to justify a war, do so, but come up with a better reason.. one that can't be disproved.
On like, well, we went after Osma for being a terrorist, why dont we go after ALL terrorists now?!
I mean, yea, that's what they're telling us NOW.. but that IS NOT the reason he proposed to go to war in the first place. I think he lied to us to get us to consent to go to war, then once we were there, he changed his plans and reasonings and THAT is what I disagree with in the war.

Since I'm not disputting that Saddam needed taken down, I fully support the people in Iraq. They're all doing their jobs, and helping another nation become free is very admirable. I just, like I said, wish we would have found Osama first.. and been told the REAL reason we went to war with a different country.

Furthermore, I think gas prices are so high because the Saui's and middle eastern people in control of oil lended sooo much money to him for his campaign..... they pretty much aided him to get into office, so, while IN office, he's sort of repaying them. If they "inflate" price of oil per barrel, of course we have to pay more here... he knows this, and he's letting it happen to sort of rip us off, and repay them for helping him get into the White House. "Shh, oil is really $43 per barrel, but we'll tell them it's $73, and you can keep the profit... as my little tribute to you for lending me sooo much money to run BOTH my campaign's".
I mean, did anyone but me see Farenheit 9/11? That's all that were in that movie, him and middle eastern people.. and oil tycoons!! (Since he himself ran what, 3 or more oil businesses into the ground?!)

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2005/8/10 2:34
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
I was watching this program a while ago and it was about the atttacks and iraq and so forth. It said we might never find osama, he is too clever, he is probably in a far distant county now. He will probably die of old age before we find him.
Posted on: 2005/8/10 10:58

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Think about the implications of finding osama, say the americans get him and take him back to the usa, if he goes to the death penalty, then he is a marter, and all sorts of revenge attacks will fall on the Usa, Uk and others. Not just him we need his deputy generals too, because if i remember correctly it was a deputy that gave the order to attack london, as it said in the news.
Posted on: 2005/8/10 14:07

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Johno wrote:
I was watching this program a while ago and it was about the atttacks and iraq and so forth. It said we might never find osama, he is too clever, he is probably in a far distant county now. He will probably die of old age before we find him.

I read in a magazine my work's owner subscripes to, that one of Bush's top officials, I forget which one, when asked if he had any idea where Osama was, he answered, and I will be bold enough to quote him, " Oh, I know exactly where he is."
I think it may have been Newsweek... or some political magazine.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2005/8/11 2:42
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
lol and does he know where he is, sounds like a character to me
Posted on: 2005/8/11 18:25