Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic movie
  SO WHICH OUT OF ALL THESE TITANIC FILMS, IS YOUR FAVORITE????

Browsing this Thread:   15 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  2 Votes
SO WHICH OUT OF ALL THESE TITANIC FILMS, IS YOUR FAVORITE????

From California
Group:
Registered Users
Which of these "Titanic" films did you like the best, which one do you think sticks more to the reality of what happened?

1) "Saved form the Titanic" (1912 or 1915 not sure) starred first class survivor Dorothy Gibson, a silent movie actress.

2) Titanic (1953) Starring Barbara Stanwyck and Clifton Webb, featured a mix of real and fictional characters.

3) A night to remember (1958) was the most authentic of all old Titanic movies. It's 30 interion sets were constructed from actual Titanic Blueprints.

4) Titanic (1996) was a television movie that premiered in 1996. Titanic follows several characters on board the RMS Titanic when it sinks on its maiden voyage.

5) Titanic (1997) is a dramatic movie released by Paramount Pictures and 20th Century Fox. The bulk of the plot is set aboard the ill-fated RMS Titanic during her maiden voyage in 1912. The movie won 11 Academy Awards on March 23, 1998 including best picture of 1997. As of 2005, Titanic has the highest box office take in movie history. The 1997 film should not be confused with the Titanic movie made in 1953.

SO WHICH ONE IS YOUR FAVORITE PICK ONE ANY ONE

-Rose (Kate Winslet)
Posted on: 2005/8/30 0:01
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: SO WHICH OUT OF ALL THESE TITANIC FILMS, IS YOUR FAVORITE????

From Santo domingo,DR and New york
Group:
Registered Users
A night to remember 1958

TITANIC 1953 the best

TITANIC 1997
Posted on: 2005/8/30 15:15

From Manchester England
Group:
Registered Users
The 1912 I think this was more a short moving picture than film *

The 1929 I think this film is a bit depresing and VERY HARD to wach very dark and poor story lines nothing happend as in the film but it is a very early effort.*

The 1953 I love the 1953 Film Titanic it is very of its time yet VERY British. Also My personal favourate.*****

The 1958 I think this is a teriffic film although not my favourate it was produced & written by people that LOVE titanic so it is a very truthull film ****

The 1978 I think this film was pretty drab they just used the ship available so their is no look or feel of titanic but some of the storylines are good and authentic: ie JJ & Madalin Astor sat on the electric cammel in the gymnasium with JJ cutting open a life preserve showing his wife the cork. ***

The 1996 I love this film very true to the storyline a good film with a tight buget. ****

The 1997 I love parts of this film I love the scenes of the ships interiors the boiler rooms etc. I hate the cheesy Jack & Rose story I hate cals gunchaise, I hate how they just get the gate open intime, I hate how rose breaks jack free from his handcuffs, I hate how rose was going to jump over the stern & I hate the fact that it is just so hollywood! Although I love the special effects and authenicity to the interior of the ship & surrounding characters.****

The 2002 Well its a cartoon version so not brilliant but I like the fact this universal version gets the kids envolved with titanic from an early age **

I alo HATE the film Rasie the Titanic!!!

Attached file: jpg  DVD COLLECTION.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2005/8/31 16:02
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

From Small town in Manitoba, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
2002- Didn't like the cartoon version. *

1953- I fell asleep watching this version! I personally don't like it, but that's just me. **

1997- Loved it! My personal favorite. Romance, drama, action, historical? All my favorite genres in one! I saw this movie in 1997 when I was 5 and I've been obsessed with it ever since. This movie really got me interested in the real Titanic as well. *****
Posted on: 2005/8/31 16:36

From Ireland
Group:
Registered Users
I loved "A Night To Remember" and "Titanic" (1997). The 1997 was the thing that REALLY got me interested in Titanic.

Killian,

- ???
Posted on: 2005/8/31 18:16

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
A night to remember was THEE best Titanic film made, yes compare to Titanic 1997 you may think I and others are crazy, but for story dramma AND historical acuracy, its the 50s black and white any day.
Posted on: 2005/8/31 21:04
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

From Small town in Manitoba, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
Titanic (1997) was historically accurate as well. Put that together with drama and romance and you have movie magic. Plus, it's in color which makes it better. I personally don't like watching black and white films. I have watched some and they were good, it's just I like color.
Posted on: 2005/9/1 22:57

From Cymru
Group:
Registered Users
It has to be raise of the Titanic! Bloody brilliant! I can't belive nobody likes it!

Ok i'm kidding, it was the worst film ever. For me it has to be The 1958 film A night to remember. The 1997 film is so cheesy! But to be honest the only bit i like in a Titanic movie is the sinking bit.
Posted on: 2005/9/2 3:56

From Crooksville,Ohio and Zanesville,Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
You are kidding,right?!
Posted on: 2005/9/15 2:02

From Crooksville,Ohio and Zanesville,Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Mine is Titanic from 1997.
Posted on: 2005/9/15 2:03
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.