Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  jpmorgan
      jpmorgan
fraud

From uk
Group:
Registered Users
watched a programme last night about titanic and her sister ship, the programe makers reckon that the sinking of the titanic was a insurance fraud,the titanic was actually her sister ship the Olympic,if you watched the programe it would convince any one that it was true, Olympic was badly damaged so much so her back was broken, a collision with Royal Navy cruiser HMS Hawke and a inqury was held by the royal navy the inqury found its ship free of all blame, so it only left 1 opition insurance fraud switch ships plates they were 99 percent the same,dont know if this as been disgust before as i am new to this site, would really like to know other peoples views on this post.
Posted on: 2006/4/10 19:11
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: fraud

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah but it isnt true, the ships where under insured, white star would loose money from sinking either of them, regardless of how badly damaged olympic was.
Posted on: 2006/4/11 14:57
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
there was one big difference between the two ships that could never have been covered up...the Titanic had an enclosed promanade, and the Olympic did not...very easy to see in pictures.
Posted on: 2006/4/11 17:40
  •  jpmorgan
      jpmorgan

From uk
Group:
Registered Users
both ships were brought back to harland and wolff ship yard for repairs both ships could easily been altered, insurance fraud with this kind of problem was very common, both ships were 99 percent the same, the olympic had its back broken rendered useless, olympic carried on till 1935 before been scraped she evan rammed a u-boat and sank it during ww1 impossiable with her back broken, alterations to both ships could be done without any 1 noticeing the difference went on all the time,before you take any of the to ships to harland and wolff yard all you after do is alter name plates nobody would be the wiser,ps i know what i am talking about as i work in this envoriment nearlly every day trust me.
Posted on: 2006/4/11 18:43
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
the titanic keel number is 401 whick can clearly be seen on the wreck...on one of the perpellers
Posted on: 2006/4/11 21:27

From Santo domingo,DR and New york
Group:
Registered Users
It's weird so if they switched the boat, the real boat that went under was the Olympic, so thats dont make titanic so important at all?
Posted on: 2006/4/12 8:50

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
I wouldn’t agree that the open promenade deck was a hard alteration, granted, Titanic’s was half enclosed, but not at launch, prior to, around February/march both ships looked pretty much identical to each other. Also the window arrangement of deck B was different on each ship, but again, right up untill march that year, Titanic lacked her destinguishing patern from her sister. The differences where inside, ships aren’t exactly laid out the same, Titanic had extended rooms, I can’t recall the exact differences but you can get the idea. Also, there has been no shred of evidence from the wreck site to support this, not one item recovered has 400 stamped.
Posted on: 2006/4/12 14:45
  •  jpmorgan
      jpmorgan

From uk
Group:
Registered Users
get your point bell , but if you were trying to do insurance fraud you would try your hardest to make sure that everything was right ie all number stamps were perfectly right ie 400 stamped on titanic and 401 on the olympic, still if it wasnt a fraud olympic was beyond repair, especialy with her back broken could not be repaired in the amount of time she was in harland and wolff yard, she carried on till 1935 no chance impossiable considering the facts.
Posted on: 2006/4/12 19:33

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
I think I know what program you watched about this, I saw it my self a while back, it was very intriguing but, much of the 'evidence’s was circumstantial. Getting to your point of the ships back Brocken, technically that would refer to the keel wouldn’t it? The collision with HMS hawke did, damage the hull, but I wouldn’t accept it crippled the ship in such a way it would be a right off. Certainly, it was bad enough to take her out of service, and take parts from Titanic to put her right but, I doubt HMS hawke damaged Olympic to such an extent. Even white star, used the collision to there advantage, showcasing there ships safety, that even with such a bad collision, Olympic stayed afloat, and look which ship came off worse. Your point of making all the alterations.......Yes, that would make sense, infact, I would wager, they kept 100 men behind one day and asked them to switch this that and the next thing, slip them an extra days pay and tell them to keep quiet about it. But, I doubt it, one would certainly talk at some point. The items which had the 400/401 stamp, where not all easy things, e.g. the propellers where stamped, quite large things to replace. Also, to do with the propellers, there not exactly identical ship to ship, even for 2 vessels designed by the same man, and from the same plans. If they where the same there would be no need for the stamp. I suppose what I am trying to get at (and not doing so well in lol) is that......yes, this does seem to be a believable theory, but, the idea of sinking one of the largest ships ever constructed, in the middle of the north Atlantic at 2 am in the morning, is farfetched to the extent, this becomes no more, than a theory.
Posted on: 2006/4/13 12:27
  •  h2oclub
      h2oclub

From British Columbia, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
hullo, heres one for ya. if Titanic had the #400 stamped on her propeller and olympic 401. how come I have a photo of the propeller of titanic sitting on the floor of the Atlantic clearly showing the #401 stamped on the propeller. Whats all this then.
can you say conspiracy. i knew you could.
Posted on: 2006/7/14 20:31
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.