Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  sweetprincess21
      sweetprincess21
Titanic museum

From
Group:
Registered Users
I think they should make a museam of the Titanic. An exact replica only on land where people can go see. They should have everything the way it was on the Titanic.
Posted on: 2003/9/27 22:13
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  The Foxes
      The Foxes
Titanic museum

From Near Southend-on-Sea, England
Group:
Registered Users
Intresting idea. Wouldn't it also be nice if the Titanic relics spent a little less time in America? I thought the exhition in London was excellent, but sadly will probably have to wait years for it to happen again. :(
Posted on: 2003/9/28 0:53
  •  tabita
      tabita

From student
Group:
Registered Users
:wink: hey im new but there is an old museum about titanic here in ireland(cork)
you're all invited to visit this museum. :D :!:
what do u think bout this
Posted on: 2004/2/7 15:30
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Wouldn't it be awful if they put all that stuff they brought up from the ship in a floating museum and it sank?
Posted on: 2004/2/10 12:45

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I've been to 2 Titanic Museums...I know they were floating or anything, but I'd like to share what they were like.
One was in St. Petersburg Florida...and it was your basic walk through with a headset explaining each object. They had a few objects recovered from the wreck...it was great..
The best one was in Cleveland Ohio. I think it ran for about a month there....and it wasn't cheap to go to. When you first go there, you are in a certain tour group. There isn't a tour guide or anything, just a group of people so the tour isn't as crowded. When you're waiting for your group to assemble you wait in a line....the post on the wall says" Cherbourg"...then, when you're group is next you go to " Southampton" . As you enter a woman hands you your boarding pass...and on it is your name...like John Jacob Astor and such. Certain rooms have certain themes...one hallway to a room was modeled after a first class hallway...the floor has the same carpet, the wall had the same craft technique..and the wall light fixtures were the same...there was also a boat deck...there was chairs from the actual Titanic...there was wood made to look like it was the boat deck, a raliling...and a sky...there was a black sky and all you could see were stars...(obviously white xmas lights) It was also cold...and there was a light wind to make you feel like you were on it.
There was also staterooms from each class...I can't even explain them...1st class was extraordinary. There were artifacts such as dishes displayed exactly as they were found in the ocean ( there was a pic of them on the ocean floor next to them) . And above all, there was a huge block of ice, shaped like the iceburg ( well, as best as could be done) and it was the same temperature as the water that night. You could touch it..there were marks where everyone had tried to keep their hand on it for long times...My fiance had me time how long he kept his hand on it..and it was 5 minutes before his hand was blue!
Fianlly, as people left, there was a board with everyone's name who sailed on the Titanic...you you were supposed to take out your boarding pass to see if you lived or died...and as we all know, John Jacob Astor died...so, I died!
It was the best thing a person could see reguarding the Titanic...so many rooms were built to look exactly like it really was that be the end of the tour everyone was silent because it started to dawn on us that people died in those rooms that we were starring at in amazement of the lavishness.
Posted on: 2004/2/12 20:44

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I've been to 2 Titanic Museums...I know they were floating or anything, but I'd like to share what they were like.
One was in St. Petersburg Florida...and it was your basic walk through with a headset explaining each object. They had a few objects recovered from the wreck...it was great..
The best one was in Cleveland Ohio. I think it ran for about a month there....and it wasn't cheap to go to. When you first go there, you are in a certain tour group. There isn't a tour guide or anything, just a group of people so the tour isn't as crowded. When you're waiting for your group to assemble you wait in a line....the post on the wall says" Cherbourg"...then, when you're group is next you go to " Southampton" . As you enter a woman hands you your boarding pass...and on it is your name...like John Jacob Astor and such. Certain rooms have certain themes...one hallway to a room was modeled after a first class hallway...the floor has the same carpet, the wall had the same craft technique..and the wall light fixtures were the same...there was also a boat deck...there was chairs from the actual Titanic...there was wood made to look like it was the boat deck, a raliling...and a sky...there was a black sky and all you could see were stars...(obviously white xmas lights) It was also cold...and there was a light wind to make you feel like you were on it.
There was also staterooms from each class...I can't even explain them...1st class was extraordinary. There were artifacts such as dishes displayed exactly as they were found in the ocean ( there was a pic of them on the ocean floor next to them) . And above all, there was a huge block of ice, shaped like the iceburg ( well, as best as could be done) and it was the same temperature as the water that night. You could touch it..there were marks where everyone had tried to keep their hand on it for long times...My fiance had me time how long he kept his hand on it..and it was 5 minutes before his hand was blue!
Fianlly, as people left, there was a board with everyone's name who sailed on the Titanic...you you were supposed to take out your boarding pass to see if you lived or died...and as we all know, John Jacob Astor died...so, I died!
It was the best thing a person could see reguarding the Titanic...so many rooms were built to look exactly like it really was that be the end of the tour everyone was silent because it started to dawn on us that people died in those rooms that we were starring at in amazement of the lavishness.
Posted on: 2004/2/12 20:45

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Posted on: 2004/2/12 20:46
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
The second museum you described it th RMS Titanic touring exhibit, and you're right, it is a GLORIOUS thing to see. For anyone on the forum, if you know this exhibit is coming your way, write to RMS Titanic - they're ALWAYS looking for docents, and wow, you get to be PART of this. And they love the Titanic enthusiasts because we don't need much training. A job match from heaven.
Posted on: 2004/2/12 20:58
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.