Posted on: 2006/7/13 18:10
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Titanic King
      Titanic King
Re: olympic accident

From Remyxxx777
Group:
Registered Users
Listen you really need to know how to spell. I cant understand what you are saying.
Posted on: 2006/7/13 18:14
  •  Vanishing Nightmare
      Vanishing Nightmare

From Kentucky, United States
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

titanicboss wrote:
anuy one know any thing into the accident with the hawk in oportsmouth like

"Anyone know of anything into the accident with the hawk in portsmouth was like?" - Titanicboss

Vanishing Nightmare: That is my translation... I know very little of it. I one day want to get the book on the Olympic so I can read more about her (sense she is my favorite of all ships I have read.)

I wish I knew more I guess just type in RMS Olympic and look up information on her and hope to run into hawke information by hitting

Edit - Find (On this page)... and type in Hawke and it will scroll down to where the web browser first spots the word hawke. And I am under the internet explore web browser so not sure if others will work the same way.

-Cricket Korta'Ari-
Posted on: 2006/7/13 23:49
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
sorri about my spelling i getting use to using a laptop as i keep hitting the keys next to the others so i make bad spelling i have loads of pictures of olympic and infomation and the book of olympic so if u need any information ask me
Posted on: 2006/7/17 11:40
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
olympic was the only ship out of the 3 super lines that went to the scap yard were the other two witch are titanic and brittanic that lie at the bottam of the sea titanic is in the north atlantc near halfax and brittanic is in the meditraine owned bye a private owner and the greek goverment but olympic was last seen in 1937 when her hull went to be melted down wich sad as the only white star line ship still in exsistance is the normadick i think how u spell it as olmpic was a war hero after she sunk 2 subs in the first world war bye her captain who was captain haddack
Posted on: 2006/7/17 11:50
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
i feel sorri for the olympic as she did mnot diserve what she got as she was a nice shiop and a war hero aftre she did sink 2 subs in world war 1 and she nerly was used in world war 2 wich then she world be a grand ship as she was nick namesd old besty lol but she was a grand ship and if they kept her we world know the layout of the olympic class liners of white star line and how grand they were as the only 2 left in ower day is titanic and brittanic witch are sat on the sea bed and the titanic is the hardest to get tio as it is 2 and a half miles down and sitting on the sea bed with 6000 presser per squer inch wich if a sub sprung a leek it be a goner but unlike titanic her sister brittanic is really close to the serface but the fthing that stop them raising her is that its a war musem as she was sunk in world war 1 as a hospital ship in the meditrainen unlike her sister olympic who was a trup ship at the tiome transoporting troops from canda to medtrainein fior war at the time but the olympic serviverd the war but u have to have permison off the greek govermwent and the private owner of the wreak to go down to her as she is a musem of the war and on the transatlantic olympic class ships
Posted on: 2006/7/20 17:55

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
See if you people would do a damm quick search, there is like 3 threads that talk about this kind of thing, in HUGE detail.

Btw she wasn’t nicknamed 'old besty' it was 'old reliable' she was given this after her service in world war one. Also on occasion the grand lady of the seas or something like that but more famously old reliable.

As to the question, Rms Olympic was departing on a crossing to new York, as she pulled out of the harbor a British battleship called hms hawke came along side. The massive suction caused by Olympics massive propellers sucked the little battleship into the Olympics stern. The hawke was a 19th century battleship fitted with an underwater ram, the collision caused to major holes in the Olympics side, one above the water line where the bow struck, and another below where the ram struck. White star was quick to monopolize on this using the incident to further show off that their safety system (stole off the Germans actually) was completely capable and helped render the ship's of the Olympic class unsinkable.

Olympic went back to Belfast for repairs, and had the it's hull plates replaced all along the side (many conspiracy theorists use this as evidence of a weakness in the structure) when we think though, as ships get into port they can, bump there way in, Olympic like many other ships suffered some damage to there hull through there life. All I can assume is they changed these sections while they where at it for the sake of it.

Hope that helps

SEARCH PEOPLE!
Posted on: 2006/7/26 2:04
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
i fort it was old reliable i couldnt renmber what it was lol
Posted on: 2006/8/2 23:30
  •  lilcandycane
      lilcandycane

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Martyn wrote:
See if you people would do a damm quick search, there is like 3 threads that talk about this kind of thing, in HUGE detail.

Btw she wasn’t nicknamed 'old besty' it was 'old reliable' she was given this after her service in world war one. Also on occasion the grand lady of the seas or something like that but more famously old reliable.

As to the question, Rms Olympic was departing on a crossing to new York, as she pulled out of the harbor a British battleship called hms hawke came along side. The massive suction caused by Olympics massive propellers sucked the little battleship into the Olympics stern. The hawke was a 19th century battleship fitted with an underwater ram, the collision caused to major holes in the Olympics side, one above the water line where the bow struck, and another below where the ram struck. White star was quick to monopolize on this using the incident to further show off that their safety system (stole off the Germans actually) was completely capable and helped render the ship's of the Olympic class unsinkable.

Olympic went back to Belfast for repairs, and had the it's hull plates replaced all along the side (many conspiracy theorists use this as evidence of a weakness in the structure) when we think though, as ships get into port they can, bump there way in, Olympic like many other ships suffered some damage to there hull through there life. All I can assume is they changed these sections while they where at it for the sake of it.

Hope that helps

SEARCH PEOPLE!

listen the reason for this site is to share information..if everyone searched this site would not be as popular...he most likely figured that since so many people here know titanic and such...it would be best to start here..you don't have to be so rude, all you needed to do was answer the question....
Posted on: 2006/8/3 0:05

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
No, if everyone used the search tool, people could easily seek there desired information there and then. By all means add to a thread which has long since 'died' and possibly debate already brought up issues within it. Particularly the olympic accident has been well covered on this site, I recall reading large well detailed peices of information from those in the know, about the said subject. By creating new threads willy nilly, you are missing out on the wisdom users have past left on the site. I doubt anyone who goes to seek specific information on any given subject, takes very kindly to there effort, which is for the 'benifit' of the whole community, being tared to the side. The search tool is there for a reason, if I said it in a rude way, well tbh no I won't apoligise. Eventhough there is stuff on this already, I did reply to the best of my ability, 'again' if that finds disfavour with you then that is your problem.
Posted on: 2006/8/3 1:05
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.