Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Starry
      Starry
Can you help me figure this out?

From US of A
Group:
Registered Users
Hey - I'm entertaining myself by writing a historical fiction story.
Just the basic plot is that a woman of modern day researches the Titanic and is interested in it because her relatives were onboard. Then she goes back in time and takes the place of one of her relatives, and she then sails on the Titanic and knows everything that is going to happen.

Anyhow! I am confused because I don't know how many greats there should be for this relative. My character is about 28 years old, but when she goes back she is approx. 16. How would she be related to the girl in the present - would she be a great aunt or a great great aunt? It would be great right? And her mom would be a great grandmother?
Posted on: 2004/1/30 23:30
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
so in your story, the relative she takes the place of is 16? and in present day times, the woman is 28?
well it really depends on what ages her ancestors were when they had their children
if your story is set in 2004, then the woman would have been born in 1976. now, say if her mother was 25 when she gave birth to your main charecter, that would take you back to 1951. now if the mums mum was about 30 when she gave birth, then she would have been born in 1921 and if her mum was 30 as well the she would have been born in 1891.
so she would have been 21 when Titanic sank and could have been the sister of the 16 year old who was on Titanic. which would make the girl on Titanic great, great, great aunt.

so depending on how many greats you want their to be, you just make the women older or younger when they gave birth.

i hope this was a help, i used the ages as an example, use whatever you want :wink:
Posted on: 2004/1/31 0:46
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Oh come on give cap smith a break he went down and sacrificed his life for people unlike ismay............
Posted on: 2004/1/31 3:31
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:3a9df3cddb="AnthonyElovestitanicmost"]Oh come on give cap smith a break he went down and sacrificed his life for people unlike ismay............ [/quote:3a9df3cddb]

i couldn't agree more Anthony, although i dont think Ismay did wrong in being saved. but i wont go into it here.

Starry, how are you doing with your story? maybe when you've finished you could put it on here for us to read, i'm sure everyone would love it. :)
Posted on: 2004/2/1 21:43
  •  Starry
      Starry

From US of A
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you SO much for the whole age thing! It helped a ton!!
Anthony, I do agree with you, rock on!
About me posting my story on here - hahahahaahahahhahahahahahah.
It'll take me forever to finish it because I'll probably get discouraged or sick of it somewhere in the middle, but when I finish it.. I'll consider it.
I'm kinda stuck on it right now, I need to get the plot moving, but once it does the words will shoot from my fingers like bullets!
:D :) :D
Thanks again
Posted on: 2004/2/2 0:47
  •  all_enthused_about_titani
      all_enthused_about_titani

From Florida
Group:
Registered Users
so does she get, like, sucked into a diary of her great-great-great-great-great-great- aunts or something? :?
Posted on: 2004/2/2 22:10
  •  Starry
      Starry

From US of A
Group:
Registered Users
Heehee! No! She's working on the Kelvish and they get in a bad storm and she falls down some stairs, gets knocked out.. and wakes up in 1912.
:)
Posted on: 2004/2/3 2:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.