Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Ballard returning to the Titanic
Guest_Anonymous
This comes from a friend of mine:

"Robert Ballard is going back to the Titanic the end of May thru mid June. It will be in partnership with Nat'l Geographic, his Institute for Exploration and the Immersion Project. Many educational sites around the country will be hosting events and will be able to interact live with Ballard and his team of researchers.

A national geographic special is supposed to be the kick off on June 3 (not sure if it will be a public TV special, or on Nat'l Geo channel). I will let you know as soon as more info is available - but for those of you in CT, Mystic will be a viewing site; in WS- PierWisconsin in Milwaukee is a site and Mote Marine labs in Sarasota is a site and hopefully, here on Long Island, NY we will be videoconferencing it to our local schools. There are other sites that participated last year for Ballard's expedition to the black sea and I assume all are "on board" for this one too. If people are intrerested I will trry to keep you informed of the latest."

I'll keep it updated here as well.
Posted on: 2004/3/8 20:39
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Starry
      Starry

From US of A
Group:
Registered Users
AAAH! REALLY?!? He's going back? Does he have any specific mission in mind?! I am so excited! Is there anything else you know?!
:D :D :) :wink: :D
Posted on: 2004/3/9 0:31
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
As usual, what I know, you know. yr reliable reporter will keep you all updated whenever I hear anything new. Stay tuned to WWW-Titanic.com radio. And now, a word from our sponsors....
Posted on: 2004/3/9 2:56
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Teamtuna,
Thanks a bunch. I am definitely a Ballard fan. I had thought one time he said he would never go back. But I also remember him saying he wanted to do an educational tour sort of like a museum thing (like a visual tour) so everyone could see the Titanic?

I also will be curious to see why exactly he is going back. Maybe to see exactly how much damage has been done since he discovered her?
Betty
Posted on: 2004/3/9 17:53
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
That would be a good answer I would think.
Posted on: 2004/3/9 18:17
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Teamtuna,
I asked an email friend of mine who is going to see Ballard talk and asked her to see if he says anything about going to the Titanic in his speech.

He is going to give a talk April lst at 8pm at Mount Union College's Timken Bldg which she said is 10 minutes from Alliance, Ohio where she lives.

Will past what she sends
Betty
Posted on: 2004/3/9 20:02
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I would love to hear what he says about this - I was kinda surprised too, as he said he was never going back.
Posted on: 2004/3/9 21:36

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Hey, I have a friend that goes to that college....I should make her go to it...lol...or maybe I could. Is it free and open to the public?
Posted on: 2004/3/10 23:47
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
JB,
As far as I know my friend, Dea, said the tickets were free. She is going and will try to get Ballard to sign one of his books she is bringing. Wow, if you could go that would be great.It is April lst
Betty
Posted on: 2004/3/11 0:06

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
If those tickets are free I'm definately going. That's like only half an hour from me. Although, I don't have a Bob Ballard book....and I'd love for him to sign something...lol..I don't think he'd mind signing any Titanic book, do you? LOL
Posted on: 2004/3/11 0:28
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.