Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
Passenger Family Tree Help!

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I know that a few people on here have taken the liberty in constructing family trees of a few Titanic passengers. I've been so busy in planning my wedding, and getting a new job that I haven't been able to trace my own family tree back to see if anyone in my family sailed on the Titanic. I don't want to ask people who haven't already done research like this to help me with this, but if anyone already has quite a few family trees figured out, I would so love it if they could help me out. I'd prefer not to give out the last names in my family on this board, but if anyone could help me, please pm me and I'll give you a list of the names I could find. My family for some reason hasn't kept very good records, so I only have a few that I could find. Thank you all for any and all help with this!!
Posted on: 2004/3/15 0:51
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
You sound just like my family, anyone past my grandma we really don't know, just names, and we don't know a lot of those.
Posted on: 2004/3/15 1:25

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I went on another titanic forum and asked the same thing, and a lady suggested something I haden't even thought of...and it's pretty simple. Look through Ellis Island records, since it was still a major port of entry back then. So...after wondering how I didn't think of that first, I did...and I found this..

Thos. ( I'm guessing Thomas) and Lizzie Gazey
Date of arrival: Oct. 6, 1894
Departure Location: Southampton, England
Ship Arrived on: New York

I was like, whoa....very cool!

So, Ms. Titanic 4 Ever...it is a free website, you can look anyone up. Just type in the last name and everyone that passed through Ellis Island with that last name is shown. I'll get back to you on the website, because I was so excited about finding it that I forgot to write it down, but I'll locate it again and tell ya what it is!
Posted on: 2004/3/15 2:49
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
OK I will have to try that. Thanks.
Posted on: 2004/3/15 2:51

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Posted on: 2004/3/15 2:56
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks.
Posted on: 2004/3/15 3:14
  •  joeluvesemma
      joeluvesemma

From newquay cornwall
Group:
Registered Users
hello, i'll get my cousin bess to come on and she can help you. she's the best at it we (and by "we" i mean her) have traced one part of our family tee back to the 1600's
Posted on: 2004/3/15 12:13

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Wow...see, that woud be so cool to know all that about your family, ya know. I don't know why some families, and by that I mostly mean mine, don't have this information already. I went to one website, and typed in my last name, and it said they have records of the Byard's in the 1600's...it's just putting them all in order that's hard to do....lol
Posted on: 2004/3/15 14:25
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:3f1a38fd64="JByard"]Wow...see, that woud be so cool to know all that about your family, ya know. I don't know why some families, and by that I mostly mean mine, don't have this information already. I went to one website, and typed in my last name, and it said they have records of the Byard's in the 1600's...it's just putting them all in order that's hard to do....lol[/quote:3f1a38fd64]

Your not the only one, like I said, I don't know past my grandparents.
Posted on: 2004/3/15 14:34
  •  joeluvesemma
      joeluvesemma

From newquay cornwall
Group:
Registered Users
Titanic 4 ever - do you have your grandparents date of birth? and what county/state they were born in? if so you can order their birth certificate and it will have their parents name etc on it. thats how bess does ours. i'm sure she will help you more when she comes on
Posted on: 2004/3/15 16:31
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.