Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Ticking clock
Guest_Anonymous
On this day, [i:9145c2a398]Titanic[/i:9145c2a398] stood in Southampton Docks, dressed in flags on Easter Sunday. it was the only time she was so dressed.
Posted on: 2004/4/8 23:17
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
2 more days until her launch.
Posted on: 2004/4/8 23:34
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Until she sails. She was launched May 31, 1911.
Posted on: 2004/4/9 0:36
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:3585b33e5c="Teamtunafish"]Until she sails. She was launched May 31, 1911.[/quote:3585b33e5c]

I'm sorry, I ment until she sets sail.
Posted on: 2004/4/9 3:29
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
'Sokay, I blew one earlier today.
Posted on: 2004/4/9 3:32
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
It's ok, we all do that once in a while.
Posted on: 2004/4/9 3:36
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
On this day in 1912, Titanic spent her last full day in port. Provisioning was completed. Captain Clark, Board of Trade Surveyor, will inspect the ship bow to stern, including a life-boat drill that will consist of one boat, with a selected crew, being raised an lowered. Captain Smith's world-famous photo "on the Bridge of the Titanic will be taken. Captain Smith will sleep at home this night, but all other officers will remain on board.
Posted on: 2004/4/9 18:54
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:07ac6906df="Teamtunafish"]On this day in 1912, Titanic spent her last full day in port. Provisioning was completed. Captain Clark, Board of Trade Surveyor, will inspect the ship bow to stern, including a life-boat drill that will consist of one boat, with a selected crew, being raised an lowered. Captain Smith's world-famous photo "on the Bridge of the Titanic will be taken. Captain Smith will sleep at home this night, but all other officers will remain on board.[/quote:07ac6906df]

Thanks for this. I did not know any of this.
Posted on: 2004/4/10 1:05
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
On April 10, 1912:

At approximately 7:30 am Captain Smith comes aboard and relieves Chief Officer Henry Wilde, recieving the sailing report from him. Those trimmers, greasers, firemen, and others hired yesterday begin to straggle aboard. The President of the White Star Line, J. Bruce Ismay, accompanied by his family, boards after breakfast at the Southwestern Hotel, where many of Titanic's First-Class Passengers have stayed overnight, and immediately starts a tour of this great, new ship.

At approximately 11:20, Captain George Bowyer, Pilot, boards and the Pilot's Flag is immediately run up. Amid the confusion on the docks, a group of workmen who have been hired for the "Black Gang" sit drinking in a pub near the docks named "The Grapes" At 12 noon, the great ship's horn blows, heralding her immediate departure. They run to the ship, only to be repulsed at the gangway.

As the Titanic builds up speed, there are a sudden series of what sounds like pistol shots to those observing on the quai. A ship left bereft by the ongoing coal strike, the New York, suddenly drifts closer and closer to the mighty leviathan. At the last moment before collision, Captain Smith provides a hint of power to the reverse engines, and Titanic is at last left to her destiny.

At 5:30, she enters the harbour at Cherbourg, France, there to pick up the last of her continental passengers. At 8:30, her anchor is raised and she begins her overnight journey to Queenstown (Cobh) Ireland.
Posted on: 2004/4/10 2:42

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, that was all very informative..I didn't know much of that. :D
Posted on: 2004/4/10 2:48
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.