Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
Box car Willie

From
Group:
Registered Users
years ago a country singer called box car Willie said that if they ever found the titanic that he would put up his saving to raise it. At the time they thought that it had one large hole and that they could mend it and then fill it up with ping pong balls which would make it float. I was just thinking how silly they where back then.
Posted on: 2004/8/6 14:55
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
I've heard about the ping pong ball theory... At this point in time, even if she WERE able to be raised, she'd fall apart before reaching the surface..Not to mention can you imagine the number of protestors who are against salvage/raising the ship when she'd be docked??
Posted on: 2004/8/6 15:01

From
Group:
Registered Users
Rosie your wee fingers must be flying on that key board of yours,you are writing messages quicker than i can read them.Is there any smoke yet?
If you were a passenger on board titanic what class would you have been?.
Posted on: 2004/8/6 15:11
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
LOL I am a fast typer, I'll give you that. So are you catching all of my posts that are flying twards you?

I'd love to have been 1st class, I'm a sucker for the clothing of that era. Next April I hope to be attending a Titanic exhibit that does a yearly gathering and people dress in the clothing and do the whole thing (minus the dinner, but maybe that'll come in a few years), I'm wanting to find me a 1912 era dress to wear to it. If I don't find one I'll just wear my movie reproductions.
Posted on: 2004/8/6 15:22

From
Group:
Registered Users
I wouldnt think that there would be too many of dresses from that era left. Whats your reproduction one look like? In the film is any of the actors wearing anything close to your one?
Posted on: 2004/8/6 15:46
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
Actually you'd be surprised. There are many 1912 Era gowns out there. Some in better condition than others, the better condition ones go for a huge amount of money, although I have seen some good ones go for fairly a reasonable amount.

My movie reproductions are identical to the ones in the film worn by Rose. I've got the Boarding Suit (complete with hat and the earrings), Flying Gown, Swim Gown, Elevator Gown, Breakfast Gown and Heaven/Reunion Gown.. I've also got a Dinner dress although not completely accurate (needs rebeading).
Posted on: 2004/8/6 16:48

From
Group:
Registered Users
You most be into all this is a very big way. Sounds as if it set you back a pound or two. Im sure you look the part.
Posted on: 2004/8/7 10:49
  •  Rosie1912
      Rosie1912

From
Group:
Registered Users
Let's just say I do my research on the clothing big time. Some of the gowns were cheaper than others and ofcourse it took me a few years to get them but in my opinion they're well worth it.

I try to do the part, last time I wore the boarding suit I did my hair up like Rose's (or tried to atleast, it eventually fell down), but I've got a good friend who'll do my hair next time. She can do the Gibson Girl look in her sleep!
Posted on: 2004/8/7 15:39
  •  this springy cocktail
      this springy cocktail

From
Group:
Registered Users
I'd love to be a first-class passenger (wouldn't we all?) but it was so expensive for the time that i probably would've been third or maybe second class.
Posted on: 2004/8/8 20:52

From
Group:
Registered Users
Id of been third class myself anything to save a few bob. And i would rather have home cooking than fine dine.
Posted on: 2004/8/9 10:33
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.