Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Hi tim,
Yes Titanic is an interesting subject. There are so many different stories not only about the passengers, but the ship itself.

We (on this group) all love the ship and discuss so many topics realating to it.

I did not see the special on the Carpathia, but wish I did. Captain Rostron was a real hero to so many survivors !!
Posted on: 2004/5/29 22:34
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Titanic 07
      Titanic 07
Interesting!

From N/A
Group:
Registered Users
Hi My name is Tim and that sounds interesting cuz i found that yes it is disapearoing and will eventually disinagrate. I also found sumthing interesting this morning when i was watching on National Geographics channel it was a show about the ship Carpathia that rescued the RMS Titanic survivors well they said that 6 years after Titanic had sank during world war I in 1918 the Carpathia was sailing sumwhere and a British sub had put the Carpathia under so 6 years later Carpathia sank to the bottom of the ocean. That just creeps me out sumtimes i mean 6 years and it went under i cant believe that. I just wish that the Titanic didnt sink i mean i feel so bad for the people that did not make it ya kno its just not right i mean they sent messages out and stuff but it was already to late for the ones that were not on the life boats cuz on that show they sent a message that said CQD meaning Come Quick Danger that just scared me like that im like woa that is creepy! well bye for now!
Posted on: 2004/5/29 20:31
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
And unfortunately, all those trips down to the ship are accellerating it - only $35,000 a pop - http://www.titanicmemorabilia.co.uk/buy-titanic-dives.html for all those interested
Posted on: 2004/2/29 15:19
  •  Titanic_2004
      Titanic_2004

From UK
Group:
Registered Users
I'd heard a few years ago about it disintegrating. Has anyone actually tried to raise it? It would be a shame to just let it rot and not even try. Though I guess it might not be right as I guess it's like a big grave site.

Helen
Posted on: 2004/2/29 10:20
  •  Samer_MUFC
      Samer_MUFC

From
Group:
Registered Users
Since its going to disintigrate anyways (:() i think people should give it a couple of tries in raising the ship using the current available technology.. maybe theres a chance of success in preserving the ship somewhere.. because seriously Titanic should stay on for generations.. not to be left to disappear by time.. :(
Posted on: 2004/2/2 22:33
  •  HardHeartButNot4Titanic
      HardHeartButNot4Titanic
Wow

From
Group:
Registered Users
I think I'm going to privately cry when the Titanic finally dissapears. BUt like someone stated before. The titanic will live on FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS.
Posted on: 2004/2/2 19:49
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
sadly it happens. But as this RMS Titanic company (www.titanic-online.com)that fruaded or mismanage the whole collection that they attained from the bottom of the ocean, really adds pain.

They did earn money here and there and at the end when they were short, they sold the stuff to unscurpulous people that do not really have a museum to show it but rather collect it privately... so not alot of people will be able to see it then.

Remember that this company turned down its responsibility when the wreck is empty.

I can not do anything else but out my anger to the mangement of such company.

They got sued a few times over but i don't know what the internal stories are there right now. I would like to hear it from the staff, i bet they will don't want to be published.
Posted on: 2004/1/31 22:59
  •  cartirlfanatic
      cartirlfanatic

From Tx
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I guess I knew it would have happened sooner or later, but was praying for later. So many years down at that depth shure does take a toll. I also think that by going down there like tourists, etc also had a little something. Stirring up the water around her and all. At least we have seen pictures of the wreck and that this ship will be left all alone to her 1500 passengers and crew that went down with her that April night. Titanic will live on forever.
Posted on: 2004/1/30 19:10
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
yes, I have also read that it will disappear anywhere from 10-20 years from now.

I know a lot of people disagree with the people diving there and taking photos and entering the various staterooms, etc. But how would we have seen those wonderful pictures of: The Captains quarters, the chandelair and the fireplace. Gorgeous.

Some of these things should also be brought up IMO before they also disintegrate?
Posted on: 2004/1/30 13:32
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I think we should do something to prevent the disapearing of the ship some chemical or something or raise peices of it . No thats wrong but at least take more pictures and explore more before something should happen :!: :x :x :x :x :x :x
Posted on: 2004/1/30 0:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.