•  Johno
      Johno
Re: Tell Me More About Your Self...

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GooseGrl172 wrote:
studying the biological sciences, to put it very broadly. Considering a change and going into aviation as a living.

very interesting

keep it up
Posted on: 2005/11/25 21:30
Create PDF from Post Print

From home!! im finally home!!!
Group:
Registered Users
i am the maid.. :(
Posted on: 2005/11/24 23:19

From Philadelphia
Group:
Registered Users
John, age 34.

I'm from New York City. I heard about the Titanic first in 1978. Since then, I've read so much material on this ship that I can't even remembber how much I read. Movies, documentaries, books, photos, whatever I could look at. This lead into reading about disasters (both natural and man-made). Surprisingly there were a lot of books to read.

I was a member of the THS for a period of time, but didn't get much out of it and let my membership expire.

I think Titanic was the most useless remake in history. A Night to Remember is the movie James Cameron wishes he made, take away the computer effects and you have zero.

I spent years in the Navy then the Army National Guard, but I'm out now and just workin' for a livin'.
Posted on: 2005/11/24 21:09
  •  GooseGrl172
      GooseGrl172

From Maryland
Group:
Registered Users
Yep, time for me to answer my own question now.

My name is Jessica, 21 years old born and raised in Maryland (tiny state on the east coast) U.S. I am in my 3rd year of college (I think, seems like I've been there for ever) studying the biological sciences, to put it very broadly. Considering a change and going into aviation as a living.

Been into aviation, wildlife/nature, and the music and arts since I was a kid and have been studying each since.

My interests are the same as above, but I also enjoy designing and building things, outdoor activities (of course), and just have good fun!

My personality, well I think I'm pretty funny. Always need something to do though, get bored too easily. Love to learn, and can analyze things quite well I think. I don't take crap from anybody, can't stand to be walked all over, I am strong. I expect to be treated as I treat others (honesty and respect, integrity), anything less than that is unacceptable to me. Am very independant (since I've spent the last 13 years as a "loner" in the social world) and like to do things my self. I can be pretty stubborn at times too, but at the same time I can be extremely sensative (or "deep"). I consider my self to be an extremely honest person, in every sense of the word. I think I am pretty old fashion in some respects.

How I got into Titanic and what draws me to her. Well I always new of the tragedy, but I don't know how. I think maybe my Dad told me of it. We went/cruised to Nova Scotia (we did visit Halifax too) when I was a kid. I also remember discussing it with a passenger during a cruise (different one). It seemed like a natural interest to me that grew when the movie "Titanic" came out (yes I will admit it had an affect on me, not ashamed). It was as if I'd already known Titanic, but had just forgotten. Like I was re-introduced to a long lost friend. And what draws me to her, well it was the beauty that was, and still is Titanic. What took place on the Titanic (the stories,the heroes), the era it's self. Well the good of it anyway. I really can't explain why I have such an interest in Titanic, doesn't really make any sense. If you knew me you'd understand what I mean by this. I've just excepted it as being a part of my life, despite how odd it is (in the collection of other things that make up me and my life).

Jessica
Posted on: 2005/11/23 17:25
  •  clinton
      clinton

From London UK
Group:
Registered Users
Johno is like a father to all of us. He is number one at the moment on the top ten list of people. All hail Johno!
Posted on: 2005/11/23 11:50

From TITANIC'S DEEPERS
Group:
Registered Users
hehe yup i bet we are... so johno, if clinton is my big brother.. what are you of me then?
Posted on: 2005/11/22 3:26
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
we are all family here
Posted on: 2005/11/21 11:58
  •  clinton
      clinton

From London UK
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TITANICsoul wrote:
oh really???

cool you could be like my big brother then

Sure thing bro!
Posted on: 2005/11/20 18:20

From TITANIC'S DEEPERS
Group:
Registered Users
oh really???

cool you could be like my big brother then
Posted on: 2005/11/19 17:21
  •  clinton
      clinton

From London UK
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GooseGrl172 wrote:
Hello All

I'm interested in knowing more about some of the people that visit this site so I'd like to here from you. And lets be serious please.

Things I, or we would like to know, or am just curious about anyway.

Name (just your first name is ok)
Studies and Life experiences?
Interests/pastimes/passions/talents?
Goals and aspirations?
Personality?
Why and how did you get into Titanic? What is it about Titanic that interests you? What aspect of Titanic are you most fascinated with?

I hope some senior members will jump in here too...

Thanks,
Jessica

Hi my name is Clinton and I am 27 years old. I have been living in London (England) for the past four years but I was born in Africa. My "life experience" is the culmination of doing alot of travelling, which kinda makes me a nomad I guess... I love drawing and photography. My friends have told me that I am always very patient and fun to be with. However they all firmly regard me as a bit of a wondering enigma. Apparently my perception can fluctuate, thus causing me to come up with intriguing ideas. But I just think they mostly poke fun of my way of thinking. I am privelaged enough to be in a group of highly creative friends. My goal in life is to be able to save someone's life before I die. I can't think of anything more rewarding than that.

The Titanic has been an interest of mine since I was 5 or 6 years of age. It is interesting because the Titanic (and all the historical figures and events tide to it) function to me, like a single person or entity. An entity that went through different emotions and reacted accordingly to those emotions just like a small city would function collectively. The destiny of a community of people brought together by fate and the elements. Just like we (93 years after the tragedy) have been brought together on this discussion forum...
Posted on: 2005/11/19 11:10
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.