Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Betty, No joke indeed;

70 million for a hand ful of people, and if you take in to consideration that there is no continuity in the company, every one will really fight for the last buck out of that 70 million and go home.
Posted on: 2004/2/21 23:28
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
One hopes that a museum comes out of this, it's really the only way to make sure those artifacts don't just dissappear.
Posted on: 2004/2/21 23:09
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Jelle,
Thanks for all those sites on RMS Titanic, Inc.

Seems like a lot of underhanded activities going on and a lot of fighting within the company.

I hope the artifacts are never sold to individual owners that would be such a loss for everyone. Locked up in someone's safe or house and never again to be seen by anyone.

Betty
Posted on: 2004/2/21 23:08
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I choose to trust the courts as you,
however trusting RMS Titanic inc is a risky because the courts are not on their side either.

Read these links

http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap_newfullstory.asp?ID=30615

Here insiders bought shares at unbeleivable low prices. Just about 4-5 months before they petition for the rights to sell it at a whoping asking price of 70 million... Just a scoop from the document, they bought the shares for a few 10's of thousands of dollars and got up to a million shares.
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/796764/000104488503000064/schedule14a.txt

This is also something very nice, The UK this time
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3246289.stm

The directors acused of [b:14ccbd3712]giving away artifacts[/b:14ccbd3712]

(14 Nov 03, St. Petersburg Times)

The St. Petersburg Times (14 Nov 03, "Lawsuit Filed Over 'Titanic' Artifacts") reports that RMS Titanic, Inc has filed suit against three former directors seeking recovery of artifacts given away and videos of recovery operations. In the Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Court filing, the company is suing former company president George Tulloch, former general counsel and director Allan Carlin, and former director Paul-Henri Nargeolet. RMS Titanic alleges that Tulloch gave artifacts away while working at the company, and that many of these artifacts were given to friends or relatives. Carlin, as general counsel, allegedly knew of this activity.

Additionally, the company alleges that Nargeolet and Carlin failed to disclose the existence of video and film concerning company operations, which includes recovery operations.

The suit seeks $4 million in damages.

(Our thanks to Bill Willard for the heads up on this story)

[/b]
Posted on: 2004/2/21 22:55
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Don't forget the price these things have now has actually made it feasible to have pirates go down to the wreck and loot it - half the reason I support RMST rather than want to see them shot down is at least if they're in the picture, there is a clear violation of law when someone else goes down to the wreck - some restraint is better than nothing.
Posted on: 2004/2/21 22:48
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Rms titanic inc has many litigations pending in their disadvantage. Apparently, i am not sorry for them at all.. in my opinion, they must have manipulated the financials to enrich them selfs and secure their initial investment to get the artifacts; and secondly they had enough of a change to earn good money with the items that they can posses, like consultation for the movie, exhibitions, museums display perfomances, print, media...

Now they requesting ownership for something that is not really theirs property by code of law in the first place.

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=66145&ran=38851

They petition, but i don't think it will go smooth

Importantly, if my suggestion is correct that they inflate these prices, they drive up the costs of security and or insurance, expensive staff that can be trusted which will eventually reflect the price that they have to charge (government) museums whereby the visitor and taxpayer will overpay.

They signed up for this, so lets see what the courts will sign them up for.
Posted on: 2004/2/21 22:42
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Anything you find out, I will be [i:e2799c8602]extrememly[/i:e2799c8602] interested in. Thanks,
Posted on: 2004/2/21 22:33
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks teamtuna
I get on the RMS Titanic, Inc. site every so often, but they never seem to have any new news. I found the bit of information from the Reporter just by chance surfing thorugh the internet.

I will have to do more surfing and research on that company
Betty
Posted on: 2004/2/21 22:16
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
They don't have the [i:7782d8d0b0]funds[/i:7782d8d0b0] to dive on the ship right now, seeing as they have to spend it all on legal stuff. Sorry if I was imprecise about that.
Posted on: 2004/2/21 22:11
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Teamtuna,
So now do I have this right?
RMS Titanic still is the so called owner of Titanic, but financially cannot dive on the wreck themselves, but gets paid for letting others dive on the site?
Geez
Betty
Posted on: 2004/2/21 22:10
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.