Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic news
  Do you think that they will ever try to re-create a functioning version of titanic

Browsing this Thread:   539 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  7 Votes
  •  V. C. King
      V. C. King
Re: Do you think that they will ever try to re-create a functioning version of titanic

From
Group:
Registered Users
A teenage girl came up to me at one of my book signings at Titanic: The Experience in Orlando, Florida. She said, "I'd love to get on board Titanic." As crazy as that sounds, I had to agree. And looking back, I think that was in part the driving force behind Titanic: Relative Fate, my mystery/suspense novel that considers what would happen if another Titanic were to set sail today. "The disaster was just due to a combination of circumstances that never occurred before and can never occur again. That may sound like a sweeping assertion, yet it is fact."--Commander Charles Lightoller, Titanic's senior surviving officer. Victoria King
Posted on: 2009/3/31 20:10
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: Do you think that they will ever try to re-create a functioning version of titanic

From Eagan, MN USA
Group:
Registered Users
YES!

Our organization is attempting just that.

I invite you all to visit us at www.sstitan.org.

Thank you!!

Sincerely,
Joseph Ricker
Chairman
SS Titan Foundation
Posted on: 2008/11/16 6:54

From
Group:
Registered Users
I would seriously doubt that the RMS Titanic will ever become a reality it would cost to much to build to much for the man hrs. put in to it.As bad as the financial market is there is just no-way it will happen
Posted on: 2008/9/21 3:25
  •  RENITA
      RENITA

From
Group:
Registered Users
It's doubtful anyone would want to invest in it. The likelihood of a return is slim to none. Or just none. Would a ship like Titanic really be able to attract enough customers today? Titanic was equipped only to ferry passengers between continents in the early-twentieth century, not cater to today's fun fun fun-demanding cruisers. I'm guessin' fares collected would hardly make a dent in the building and operating costs.
-------------------------
RENITA
Posted on: 2008/9/19 10:14
  •  lonetcrystal
      lonetcrystal

From
Group:
Registered Users
No other ship has captured the world's attention, quite like the Titanic ship. The White Star Line had taken great care to publicize the fantastic engineering of the Titanic and the world waited with baited breath for the ship to make her first voyage. The disaster and the mythology that has surrounded it have continued to fascinate millions. <br />--------------
Posted on: 2008/9/19 9:56

From
Group:
Registered Users
First of all the Titanic has been in the ebyss for over 80 years and with so much salt in the ocean the Titanic is no more.The salt has dissolved much of the Titanic would be very impossible to do anything except let her be.Our hearts go with the people and crew and families who lost there lives as the Titanic was sinking that cold night but again there is no way of even bringing it up soon the Titanic will be part of the ocean floor.
Posted on: 2008/8/12 3:02
  •  anoop
      anoop

From
Group:
Registered Users
first of all i really appreciate that so many people like me are truly and passionately dedicated to TITANIC.making a look alike and fuctional ship like TITANIC is not impossible but no one will try to...its very sad to say but its true...but still why to make one when u have one..bit far but still.. how about recovering it back from bottom.ya i know iam talking something impossible then again by any chance can she be dismantled in there and raced to surface??
Posted on: 2008/8/11 21:35
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
The man that was involved in that he only got as far as haveing a painting made of her entering new york harbour for the first time. Aswell with the ss Titan project ive heard that saying allready and thers nothing special on ther website sadely. Aswell with the currntent credit cruch things are going down hill as the econermy booming is slowing down look an usa for instance and her in england diseal is £1.32 per liter which is really expensive than it used to be along with the prince of petrol the things are that the more expensive it gets the worst the econemey will look
Posted on: 2008/7/10 12:10
  •  Revolutionarythought
      Revolutionarythought

From
Group:
Registered Users
Update on the costs for building a large modern ocean liner. The QM2 cost 550 million British pounds to build. This puts the price of her somewhere around 1.1 billion US dollars.

This is why I question whether or not the Titan foundation can actually come up with the funding for their ship.
Posted on: 2008/6/28 21:28
  •  Revolutionarythought
      Revolutionarythought

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bluemax45 wrote:
I agree on the idea if it were to happen that way but again the cost of coal would be to much in the long run.I would like to see a replica of the Titanic built but to use it as part of a museum another words having people board the titanic take a tour of it.It would make money and save money as well but won't be running.What do you think of that idea?

You simply couldn't burn coal in the same way the Titanic did. First there are are treaties limiting the amount and types of emissions that are produced by sea vessels. You'd have a very difficult time getting an exact copy of the Titanic registered as a passanger vessel, and you'd have trouble getting it allowed into certain ports of call.

On top of that, there are laws now regulating work safety for those working on ships. I find it doubtful that you'll be able to build a ship exactly like the Titanic, then be permitted to hire people to shovel loose coal into boilers. This seems extremely unlikely.

-S
Posted on: 2008/6/28 21:24
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.