Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  HardHeartButNot4Titanic
      HardHeartButNot4Titanic
The Flying Scene

From
Group:
Registered Users
The flying scene is very romantic. I just don't know how she could stretch her neck that far back to kiss him. :D
Posted on: 2004/2/2 15:35
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Starry
      Starry

From US of A
Group:
Registered Users
Exactly! Aww.. it is so beautiful! I love the end! It is my second favorite scene. My favorite is the flying scene.. aah.. *romantic sigh*
:)
Posted on: 2004/2/2 0:50
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
starry,
i agree with you that she did die, the dress she is wearing, right at the end, when she rejoins Jack on the grand stair case is known as the "Heaven Dress" because she is meant to be joining him in heaven. :)
Posted on: 2004/2/1 21:47
  •  Starry
      Starry

From US of A
Group:
Registered Users
Who thinks Rose dies and who thinks she is just sleeping?
I KNOW Rose dies at the end of Titanic. You can just tell! It shows all of her pictures, like it's going over everything that she did in her life and showing that she kept her promise to Jack and now that she has told her story, it is time for her to go. She returns to Titanic and reunites with Jack in the next life! Aww... I'm a hopeless romantic. :)
Posted on: 2004/2/1 1:58
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I think the Titanic Movie was very well created as a piece of entertainment that touches the hearts of the viewer. This must have been the main focus of the team, this is why they added this whole love tale on top to the reality of the sinking to create more deviation/variation in the ways they could tell or create the movie which always lowers the investment risk.
Posted on: 2004/1/31 22:50
  •  HardHeartButNot4Titanic
      HardHeartButNot4Titanic
Wow

From
Group:
Registered Users
[b:b32a7d8433][i:b32a7d8433]You guys are amazing! :D Usually when I watch a movie I don't go into the movie like you guys do. I have a TURBO hard heart. But this movie.........man..........this movie gets me all the time.
The saddest part for me is when she jumps back into the boat after getting into the lifeboat. When I first saw the movie I was like "you moron get back on the lifeboat!" But now that I have a boyfriend I'm like um I would do the same thing.
I think that they would've both fit on the board if they would've kept trying but they only tried once. That's just my opinion.
Also I don't know who commented this but I think that Rose was dead in her bed at the end. Cuz of Jack when he said that she would "die a little old lady warm in her bed".
I also think she's dumb for throwing the necklace in the water. I'd give it to someone. Heck yeah.
Anyways that's all for now.
Awesome movie!!!

[/i:b32a7d8433][/b:b32a7d8433]
Posted on: 2004/1/31 19:22
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:cbd441a407="Starry"]Wow! You're quite informed! Where'd you find out he was 13 months? I was watching a Titanic documentary an they said he was 2. Geez 13 months, that is so sad. I can't even imagine that!
Yes, that part with the woman and her children in the bed is just heart-wrenching. But I'm confused - when it shows the 3rd class people trying to get through the gate, it shows that red-headed woman with her daughter and son. And then later, when it is showing the ship going down, it shows her in bed telling her kids a story. Wouldn't the water have reached them by then?[/quote:cbd441a407]

until recently, everyone thought he was a 2 year old little boy called Gosta Palsson. there was no proof that it was but over the years it just got accepted that the unknown child was him. then, a few years ago descendants wanted to find out if it really was little Gosta because they wanted to have his name put on the grave if it was. anyway, proffessionals, were called in. they exhumed his grave to get DNA to find out who it was, they also took DNA samples from decendants of all the little boys aged 1-2 years so that they could find out who the child was. after alot of hard work, they discovered it to be little Eino.

about the red headed women, if she was travelling alone with her children she would have been in the stern o f the ship. so her cabin would have probaly been dry. but thats ust a guess :)
Posted on: 2004/1/29 19:44
  •  Starry
      Starry

From US of A
Group:
Registered Users
Wow! You're quite informed! Where'd you find out he was 13 months? I was watching a Titanic documentary an they said he was 2. Geez 13 months, that is so sad. I can't even imagine that!
Yes, that part with the woman and her children in the bed is just heart-wrenching. But I'm confused - when it shows the 3rd class people trying to get through the gate, it shows that red-headed woman with her daughter and son. And then later, when it is showing the ship going down, it shows her in bed telling her kids a story. Wouldn't the water have reached them by then?
Posted on: 2004/1/29 18:02
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
The two year old baby boy was infact 13 month old Eino Panula, the accounts of his recovery and funeral are quite moving. the parts i find sad in the movie, are the irish mother putting her children to bed, the lady on the stern, telling her son everything is alright and it'll soon be over, basically all the bits with children in. it reminds me of all the real little ones that never got saved
Posted on: 2004/1/29 11:36
  •  Starry
      Starry

From US of A
Group:
Registered Users
OOh you guys know all the sad parts pretty well!!! And the truly sad thing is that the majority of them are factual. They did find a baby boy like 2 or so frozen to death and they never identified his parents! And the elderly couple on the bed were supposed to be Isador Strauss (founder of Macey's) and his wife. She refused to get on a life boat and they walked off hand in hand and were never seen again!
I get teary when Jack puts Rose in the lifeboat and then she's looking up at him and the music goes, and that firework goes off behind his head, and then she jumps out of the lifeboat. Just looking at him during that part..awww..
For me the sad sad saddest part is when they find the hunk of wood when they're in the water and they both try to get on. When he sees they both can't stay on, watch his face and you can tell that at that moment he realizes that he won't make it, and then he nods his head and swims to the side. And the whole dying speech is just beautiful and excrutiatingly sad.
Posted on: 2004/1/29 1:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.