Guest_Anonymous
no one will ever raise the ship. end of story
Posted on: 2005/1/2 20:29
Create PDF from Post Print
Re:

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
a think the big wory is where to put it. a think it should go back to belfast. Some would say new york but that would anger a lot of ppl they would't take kindly to the americans getin it but it would be a practical idea it is closer to the usa. And what ships would bring it even the massive new british carriers that are bein built specifically to thrash any american boat in size there are gony be 3 of them . they woulld need the biggest uk and usa carrier to pull it and even then it would be difficult . tell u one thing a would't want the french gettin it what do the french have to do with titanic . Can someone tell me
Posted on: 2005/1/2 20:19
Re:

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
they could either replenish the steal till the structure is strong enough to be raised or they could take it apart bit by bit and rebuild it or they could build an enormous dome around it to preserve it and an under water musem for it. A dont hink it will work. What they should do it preserve the britannic and put it up as a reminder ot titanic, britannic is in better condition
Posted on: 2005/1/2 20:01
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Re:
Guest_Anonymous
really that would be so cool

Quote:

rose89 wrote:
i am totally for the replica of the titanic. but would it stay at one place like a museum or be a sailing ship like the real titanic?

:pint: :hammer: :pint:
Posted on: 2004/12/23 6:00
  •  RseDawson
      RseDawson
Re:

From
Group:
Registered Users
Yes I do think she will rise. In the right time, anything is possible. As for bodies I hope there isnt any down there, but there have been stranger things that have accurd. But you never know. Only time will tell. Maybe I'm wrong but miracal's have happened before and will happen again.
Like I said she was found for a reason( not know yet) but I have faith that the reason is a good one, not one to just let nothing be done and she just sit on the bottom of the ocen......Yes I have seen Ghost of the abyss, so i know how bad off she is, but i dont thing her fate is to just lay there rusting at the bottom of the ocean.
Posted on: 2004/12/22 20:06
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Re:
Guest_Anonymous
So you think she can be raised and will be do you.Have you seen the underwater photo's of the wrecksite to realize what a tremendous task it would be and in a lot of peoples minds a total waste of money.As to your statement about bringing bodies up for burial.Do you honestly think that any remains are down there.I don't know if you know anything about ocean depths,The bodies would have dissintergrated before the ship hit the bottom.As an ex Royal Navy diver i know what depth can do. i have seen a deep sea divers body compressed inside a helmet to know what can happen with pressure, And why on subequent dives have no bones or skelitons been found can you answer that.
Posted on: 2004/12/22 19:23
  •  RseDawson
      RseDawson
Re:

From
Group:
Registered Users
It is only impossible if you dont believe. If you dont believe, you also dont have faith. She was found for a reason, we may not know that reason yet but it is there. In the end it will have nothing to do with technology but with how great the "want" is.
Posted on: 2004/12/22 16:02
  •  RseDawson
      RseDawson
Re:

From
Group:
Registered Users
I think that the Titanic can and will be brought up. Some may consider it a gravesite, but think of it this way, if there are still bodies down there then wouldnt it be the sensable thing to bring it up so "we" can bury them in a actual place, a place to actualy morn.
Yes she maybe be buried deep in the ocen floor but I do not think it is impossible. I would rather try and fail then not have tried at all.
There is talk about a second Titanic, But as for me there will ALWAYS be only one. Even if they were to replicate artifacts for museums its not the same thing, the people lost did not touch those things, did not sleep on them, drink or eat from them....Replicas are not in any way a emotional, physical attachment to those lost souls.
I have always been undecided about bringing her up until i read the messages here. Now I am all for it, they need to bring her up. Not for money or fame but for the simple fact: maybe she holds the answers to so many question, question now, and question that have yet to be asked.
Posted on: 2004/12/22 15:59
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Re:
Guest_Anonymous
Hi Superbowl,
I agree with you she is embeded in silt and not ice. I do wish people would get their facts correct don't you. bootyQuote:

superbowl wrote:
shes embedded in thick silt not ice
Posted on: 2004/12/22 10:40
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Re:Raising Titanic
Guest_Anonymous
I Note your comments, and as this has been posted several times before i shan't comment any futher, except to reiterate what i said some time ago, The cost would be enormous and to what end, She is now a crumbling wreck which in itself makes the proposition of raising her ridiculous.Anyone can see this from underwater photo's available.But if anyone has enough spare cash and wants to try such a venture, then good luck, But they would be nothing more than grave robbers.There have been many worldwide disasters on a much larger scale than Titanic.But it was the belief that she was unsinkable that made this tragedy into legend and it has inspired people to want to learn more abouy it. Booty
Posted on: 2004/12/22 10:37
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.