Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic movie
  should celine deion deserve as much credit as she gets?

Browsing this Thread:   35 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  edward9139
      edward9139
should celine deion deserve as much credit as she gets?

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
if glen is right (which i'm sure he is) about the fact that sissel did most of the songs, then do you think celine should get any credit? after all. my heart will go on is a dreadful song...
Posted on: 2005/5/7 14:05
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: should celine deion deserve as much credit as she gets?

From Manchester England
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah give her some credit! credit for been able to keep in tune with a dog howling!!!! She is TERIBLE
Posted on: 2005/5/8 13:55
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
i wouldn't go as far as saying she is terrible, the song in my opinion was not that good and the majority of the rest of her songs are not that good either.
Posted on: 2005/5/8 15:22
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
and if all of your songs are "not good" then we migh as well say terrible. i'd never heard of that Sisseel person before Glen brought her up.
Posted on: 2005/5/9 0:59
  •  clinton
      clinton

From London UK
Group:
Registered Users
Then why did her single "My heart will go on" become one of the top selling single of all time like Elton John's "Candle in the wind"?
Posted on: 2005/5/12 8:13
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
because it was on the Titanic. it seemed romantic the first time i heard it but the more i listened the more mournful and dreadful it became. something like you'd expect to find a ghost singing in a cemetary
Posted on: 2005/5/13 10:00

From
Group:
Registered Users
If you imagine the film with another sound-track the whole feeling of the film could be wrong. So for everyone who enjoyed the film they must have enjoyed the sound-track becasue it is a part of the film. It creates a mood and in my opinion was the perfect song. It has a lot of hidden depth. So I reckon Celine Dion should get credit for how she gave the song. And anyway I think she has a nice voice even if all the rest of her songs aint too good!

Carys xxx
Posted on: 2005/8/12 13:37

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
It's a good soundtrack song.... and for Cameron not even wanting a soundtrack song to begin with, he obviously felt moved by it to put in in the movie at all. Jack horner and Celine made that without Cameron's consent...Only when he liked it did they use it. And, Celine only did one take of it. That entire song was sung in one take... the very first time she sang it is the one they used in the film and on the radio, so I do give her credit for that. Most singers need to redo parts a million times before they get a version of it the writer /producer likes.

Other than that, I hate the song.... it's dreadfull after like 1 time of hearing it.
I like the non-lyrical versions they played throughout the movie.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2005/8/12 13:56
  •  GooseGrl172
      GooseGrl172

From Maryland
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NosieRosie wrote:
It's a good soundtrack song.... and for Cameron not even wanting a soundtrack song to begin with, he obviously felt moved by it to put in in the movie at all. Jack horner and Celine made that without Cameron's consent...Only when he liked it did they use it. And, Celine only did one take of it. That entire song was sung in one take... the very first time she sang it is the one they used in the film and on the radio, so I do give her credit for that. Most singers need to redo parts a million times before they get a version of it the writer /producer likes.

Other than that, I hate the song.... it's dreadfull after like 1 time of hearing it.
I like the non-lyrical versions they played throughout the movie.

LoL that was funny the way you put that. I agree however, all the instrumental versions of the song are great. All the cues in the score are too. Although Celine has a very nice voice, she did an awful job on this one. The way she sang it was terrible. The music used in that particular version is empty too. Empty and more of pop music grade (when I say that I mean britney spears bad).

Jessica
Posted on: 2005/8/12 23:40

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Oh, and just to point out, his name is James Horner, not Jack.. someone was talking to me as I was typing that, so that's how I came up with that one.

And, to tell the truth, I think he did a bad arrangement job on this one. I mean, I love his other songs, he's an overall great composer and song writer.. but this one wasn't good..... notes are all way out of whack.. and especially for someone with the vocals of Celine's nature. :)

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2005/8/13 5:50
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.