Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic news
  Do you think that they will ever try to re-create a functioning version of titanic

Browsing this Thread:   539 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  7 Votes
  •  mjwinn
      mjwinn
Do you think that they will ever try to re-create a functioning version of titanic

From
Group:
Registered Users
I'v always wondered about that. Have you heard of any projects like it?
Posted on: 2008/1/20 22:38
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  SeaRiggs
      SeaRiggs
Re: Do you think that they will ever try to re-create a functioning version of titanic

From Massachusetts USA
Group:
Registered Users
The nearest thing that I have heard of is in Belfast. They are trying to re-create the Titanic as a museum. You walk through an iceberg and board the ship. You are issued a ticket...with a REAL passengers name that boarded the Titanic. You dine and are treated as a real passenger...then you take your ticket...with the real passenger name and you check to see if you are a survivor or...if you were amoung the tragic deaths.
Posted on: 2008/1/20 23:21
  •  Titanic'sSister
      Titanic'sSister
Re: Do you think that they will ever try to re-create a functioning version of titanic

From Texas
Group:
Registered Users
I remember something on the news about that in the late 1990s. They were building, or at least had plans to build a full size, functional replica somewhere in Africa. Does anybody know if the project was abandoned? I never heard any more about it.
Posted on: 2008/1/21 23:07

From Eagan, MN USA
Group:
Registered Users
Our non-profit company, the SS Titan Foundation, is doing just that.

Our current plans have the world's largest liner, Titan, under construction by next summer in Belfast.

For the latest updates and to help in this cause, please visit our homepage at www.sstitan.org.

I look forward to your questions here on this forum.

Sincerely,

Joseph Ricker
Chairman
SS Titan Foundation
Posted on: 2008/2/2 7:56
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
ive heard it all peopel saying they going to build and the one in africa only got as far as doing a painting of the titanic entering port i dont belive it will happan sorry but i dont hink the s.s titan foundation will be able to create a full scale titanic replica
Posted on: 2008/2/10 17:59
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I put my hands up to the titanic foundation and i hope they can do it but i dont think the finacial side of the project will be there.

As it would cost alot of money to recreate a full scale functioning titanic and i don't think it can be possible but i say go for it and i say good luck maty
Posted on: 2008/3/12 9:39

From The Sea
Group:
Registered Users
people ask that question all the time.

The answer is Most likely NO.

reasons.

1: World is running out of fuels; coal,gasoline,etc.
2: It would greatly pollute the atmosphere to make global warming come even faster
3: It would cost to much money to buy parts, funnels, wheels, etc.
Posted on: 2008/5/26 17:20

From
Group:
Registered Users
No I don't think they will try to create the Titanic it be cool if they did but the way the economy is today and the cost to build another Titanic would be out of the ball park figure. Now if White Star would have kept the Olympic and preserved it then it would be a reminder as well as a privillage to board such a great ship,one can only imagine being on the Titanic.
Posted on: 2008/5/27 0:11

From
Group:
Registered Users
The way things are today in 2008 would not be possible it would most likely be put in the archives the idea I mean.Fuel prices going up,food,just about everything has gone haywire.So building the R.M.S Titanic would be a big..NO!
Posted on: 2008/6/19 1:01
  •  MGY Friend
      MGY Friend

From New Mexico, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Bluemax45 said: I mean.Fuel prices going up,food,just about everything

Indeed, the cost for constructing her would be huge, however, with enviormental laws put aside, I would like to see if a replica could save money by going back to a coal burning boiler system.

I bet the original Titanic today would be a lot cheaper to fuel, epecially with the price of diesel.
The reason is that ship
has a purpose".

Sir Winston Churchill

www.mrmarshall.proboards62.com
Posted on: 2008/6/19 15:11
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.