Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
The olympic was involved in an accident late in 1911. This nearly wrote off the ship. I read a book the other week called "Titanic - The Ship That Never Sank" that explored the idea that the olympic was swapped for the titanic and the olympic was intended to sail out to the north atlantic and transfer everyone onto another ship. They would then open the seacocks and send the ship to the bottom of the sea. However this went wrong and the ship struck an iceberg before the rendevous point. It sank obviously and the rescue ship never turned up. The white star line must have thought that this would be a good way to get the insurance money. This is further backed up by the serial number of the propeller matched that of the olympic and not of the titanic. (It also mentions the stern damage on the wreck was helped by the bodged repairs of the collision damage) Obviously yu will have to read the book to get the full details but i was convinced enough and i firmly believe that the ship resting on the bottom of the north atlantic is not titanic, but is olympic.
Posted on: 2003/1/19 20:28
Create PDF from Post Print
Subject Poster Date
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.