Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes
  •  hunttress
      hunttress
Did more than ice sink titanic?

From
Group:
Registered Users
Recent reports and scientific discoveries state that it was not one huge hole but a series of things that are to blame for the demise of the titanic. First there were a series of holes on the bottom side of the ship were the ice was to believed to have scraped the ship. And as I am sure you may have allready learned in your reaserch of the titanic, and with further reaserch I have learned what most allready know. There was a fire down below and that the crew were fighting to put out since the ship left port. Add that to the fact that the metal that was used at that time had (if my memory serves me correct) a great deal of sulfur in it which made it brittle from the heat of the impending fire. So needles to say mix that with cold water and a huge hunk of ice and a captain following basic seamens procedures made for an accident waiting to happen. The question that I have is not, why would such a huge ice-berg leave only a few holes spanning 12 feet on it's side?, But why when the survivours of the titanic where questioned no one investaged the parcular eye witnessed account of the light of another vessle? It has been suggested as part of an ongoing theory (conperacy that is) that it was a Russian sub and that was believed to have been what conspired to the sinking of the titanic as an act of war prior to ww1. The holes on the bottom of the ship where the ice berg had struck were acctually that of weapon ie; torpedoes of some sort, and the titanic did hit the ice berg but mearly scraped it's upper decks were passengers and crewmen saw ice on deck. Now I know what I am putting down here is ludicrous to some and not to others, but I am just curious if anyone else out there heard or read something simalar?.. excuse the bad spelink..i don't prof read my letters.
Posted on: 2004/7/8 12:18
Create PDF from Post Print
Subject Poster Date
     Re: did more than ice sink titanic? JBR101 2004/10/2 20:38
       Re: did more than ice sink titanic? webmaster 2004/10/2 23:09
         Re: did more than ice sink titanic? Titanicluvr91 2004/10/2 23:36
           Re: did more than ice sink titanic? webmaster 2004/10/2 23:40
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.