Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  2 Votes
  •  clinton
      clinton
Re: A alternate iceberg damage theory

From London UK
Group:
Registered Users
I agree that it seems possible for the iceberg to have caused damage under the Titanic in what you have described as a "running aground" type collision. It is simply impossible to be 100% sure without having a look at the keel plating of the ship and that is impossible to do.

I am however sceptic at what appears to be newly released photographs of the "real" iceberg that sank the Titanic. Let us not forget that the iceberg field streched about 70miles of ocean the night Titanic went down. In the days that followed the accident, many other passenger ships had passed Icebergs, which looked like the "real" berg. The truth is we will never know what the real iceberg looked like. 70miles of ocean is quite a big area in which to go scouting around looking for a single iceberg when in fact the ocean was littered with bergs in April 1912. Besides, if I were to be on a ship during the days following the disaster that happened to pass an iceberg, I would also take a photograph of any old iceberg. Urban legend wants us to believe all sort of unproven "facts". Like a photograph of the "real" iceberg which is now locked up in a safe in Munich (or is it Zurich) for some weird reason...

What do you think? As far as history is concerned; the real iceberg disappeared into the black night behind Titanic.
Posted on: 2005/1/18 10:42
Create PDF from Post Print
Subject Poster Date
     Re: A alternate iceberg damage theory Martyn 2005/1/15 21:27
     Re: A alternate iceberg damage theory clinton 2005/1/18 10:42
       Re: A alternate iceberg damage theory sundance 2005/1/18 18:40
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.